Monday, October 09, 2006

Secret Pal 9

YAY, it's time for Secret Pal 9. How exciting. Here's my questionnaire ... Can't wait to find out who I'll be spoiling!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love wool/Merino, solids and variegated. I also like silk blends. Cottons are good for things like kitchen cloths and towels. Not a fan of acrylics or novelty yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have my straights in fabric-type needle holders and my circs are in the KnitPicks Options notebook.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I have been knitting for three years. I taught myself a lot and received help from ladies at a church-knitting group and my mom. I would say I’m an intermediate knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

No.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)

I like lavender in general. But few other “flower” scents. I really like citrus scents and the nice light fragrances found at Bath & Body. I also like the “fall” and “holiday” scents found at places like Yankee Candle Co.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I try to stay away from sweets, but do have a crush on Hershey’s chocolate and the seasonal Reese’s candies (pumpkins, Christmas trees, hearts etc.), they are so fresh-tasting!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I really don’t have much time for any other crafty hobbies. I don’t spin.
I did recently learn to crochet. Basics here. I find it’s faster but I haven’t really completed any crochet projects. I’m more into the knits.



8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I love Contemporary Christian. I also like Billie Holiday, she’s fab! I don’t have an MP3 player and I doubt my stereo will play MP3s. Bummer.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I like browns, reds, greens and darker teal shades. Can’t stand yellow or pastels of any shade.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I’m recently married (May 2005) and have no children. We have a Brittany Spaniel named Cody that serves as a child for now.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Yes to scarves, hats and mittens. I live in the mountains of NC where it gets REALLY cold during winter months. No ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I like to knit most anything EXCEPT blankets. They NEVER end! ;)

13. What are you knitting right now?

Baby blanket (never-ending), socks, and I plan to start a Kim Hargreaves sweater as soon as the blanket is finished.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Of course, who doesn’t?

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Circular, aluminum. I recently purchased the KnitPicks Options set and love them for every project. I also have a ton of bamboo straights but rarely use them since discovering Addi Turbos and the KnitPicks Options.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Both, but I haven’t tried them out yet.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Oh geez … a year, maybe.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Love Christmas. Love the decorations, the food, the fun and mostly the significance of the holiday. I also LOVE Thanksgiving. The food …


19. Is there anything that you collect?

Yarn. Knitting Books.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I’ve been dying to try Socks That Rock sock yarn. I’d also like to get the Vintage Knitting book with patterns by Kim Hargreaves and some others.
I do not subscribe to a knitting magazine. I normally peruse them at the LYS and buy if there’s a great pattern.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I recently learned socks on two circs, but wonder about the magic loop. I’d like to knit both socks at the same time, which I suppose I could do with the two circs? Can you tell I’m new to sock knitting techniques?

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Barely. I just started last spring and other projects came up, as they tend to do and I have yet to completely finish a PAIR ;)

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

July 7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home