Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I'm a failure ...

Yes, that's right. A yarn-diet drop-out. I decided to put myself on a yarn diet. Now, some of you are thinking "That was your first mistake." And yes, maybe I did set myself up for failure.

How did this happen, you might ask. I went to my LYS a few weeks ago in search of the last gift to send to my SP8 .... and I found this ... NEW sock yarn. Hand-dyed by a local. I WAS WEAK. And the LYS lady was no help in my weakness, depending on how you look at it.



I love the colors. It's making me want to put a hold on the current sock project to use it, even though I have NEVER completed a whole sock ... nope not even one. I admit ... I have issues and I need a support group ;)

In other news ... I received this surprise in the mail a few weeks ago from my SP! Isn't it great? Perfect for my new sock yarn. Thanks SP! You're so sweet.

5 Comments:

Blogger gray la gran said...

well ... i was going to say think of all the other things you passed up on, in the name of the diet ... so you could have this beautiful handpainted sock yarn! i mean, at least you didn't go crazy and spend some dollars to knit mason & dixon washrags!. and then, i thought better of that, and scrolled down, to see you DID buy cotton yarn for washrags! so, i'm just laughing like crazy (at myself)!
i joined the summer of stash KAL and cheated a few times. the diet officially ends on labor day.
yarn diets are good. they help us stop and consider if we really need to make that purchase, and if we do need to, then so be it!
enjoy the yarn, there are much worse vices out there :)

ps. if it were not for the diet, i probably would had stocked up on some cottons too!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

I don't even bother with a yarn diet. There's no use. Hi, my name is Kerry and I'm addicted to yarn. LOL

2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did the same thing and I failed miserably - it's so not worth it - I've come to hiding the yarn so the BF doesn't see anything new added to the stash - where's my 12 step program?

BTW - I love that sock yarn :-)

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute bag!! Have you looked at the selection of Peaches n Cream yarn? I bought some last week, a couple of cones to make various things and I bought 6 cones each 800 yards a piece and it was under 50 dollars including the shipping. You can make so many washcloths with that!! The yarn you bought is gorgeous as well.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

It's a shame there isn't a yarnanon :-) I too have been there, you are not alone. Great colors though.

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home