Monday, August 07, 2006

The summer of cotton


It's SO hot. Too hot to touch wool. So, here I am with more Warshrags on the needles. This set is going to my grandmother as part of her birthday gift. She will be 80 this Saturday. She gets so excited at the thought of her granddaughter knitting, so I thought I'd share some of it with her. Plus her eyes aren't as good as they once were and she's given up all knitting and crochet. ;(


This weekend, I went a little nuts in the Suagr N' Cream isle at A.C. Moore. Looks like a lot of people will be receiving warshrags as gifts!

Oh, and THANKS to everyone who commented on my post last week! PEOPLE DO READ MY BLOG!


And now a word from the resident blogging helper ... who says "Yarn is good for chasing, chewing and barking at." Isn't he the cutest dog? I adore him (in case you hadn't noticed)We were on our way to the dog park this evening when it began raining, so here he is, keeping watch on the blogging.

Hi SP8! Hope you are doing well.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jillian,
You are officially addicted to warshrags, I love it! Grandma will be thrilled with them...handmade with love!

10:26 PM  
Blogger DianeS said...

Before I rush out and buy things I don't need (can one not need yarn and knitting books?), can I just clarify that that adorable warshrag pattern is in Mason-Dixon Knitting? My son is about to move into his own apartment (yeah!) and I'm strangely needing to knit warshrags for him. I love the look of that pattern.

Oh, and I don't comment often on blogs, but clearly I've been reading yours!

2:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi hi hi

so I've finally read most of your journal and I wanted to comment again that you were a fabulous FABULOUS secret pal I didn't want the presents to stop(if you wanted to you could still send me stuff hehehhe)

also wanted to let you know just FYI the yarn you used for the warshrag bleeds ALOT... i've been using it in the shower and the water comes out fun colours due to my blue hair bleeding and the warshrag bleeding some I just wante dto let you know before you ruin something white...

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home