Wednesday, July 05, 2006

v-a-c-a-t-i-o-n

That's right, I'm posting from the beach. Not a lot of knitting going on here, it's entirely too hot. I have worked on my socks a bit more, but that's it.

Yesterday brought clouds so we headed off th Phootsy's Yarn shop (thanks to the KnitList crew). It was an alright place. I purchased some Trekking sock yarn. Haven't used it before. I got this nice tweed color and a self striping in pink/brown/cream.

So, back to vacation. Topsail Island is wonderful. Small place, good food and beautiful beaches. The forecast looks like rain tomorrow, so we may venture to Wilmington in search of another yarn shop, I've heard they have a few good ones.???

My birthday is Friday, meaning I will accumulate some cash that will definitely go toward stash or knitting tool enhancement. I am seriously considering the Options needle set from KnitPicks. I do not own an interchangable needle set. Mainly b/c the Denise never appealed to me with the plastic and I'm not a fan of the feel of the Boye needles in general. I have been reading online reviews of the KnitPicks set and it seems they are similar to addis, so alas, I may just need to purchase them.

I am also considering the Green Gable pattern for my next big project. Seems easy enough. Plus I already have two skeins of the suggested yarn and know that I can hop over to my LYS and get a third from the same dye lot. It uses Lambs Pride Cotton Fleece.


IF ANYONE IN BLOG-LAND has adivce on either the KnitPicks needles OR a good yarn shop in Wilmington, NC,PLEASE post a comment!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Knittymama said...

I haven't tried them yet, but Knitter's Review had an excellent write up on them. Think I'm going to order just one pair and see how they are.

6:31 PM  
Blogger TURBOchic said...

I haven't used them yet either, but I'm hearing only good things. Curlypurly.blogspot.com has a good comparison on them to addi turbos (the July 1st entry). I would love to see another knitter compare them to the denise or boye interchangeables. I perfer metal needles, so I'm hoping they turn out as good as they seem. Please post an entry oncy you try yours out!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home