Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Secret Pal 8

The following is more than most want to know, but could be crucial for my new Secret Pal! So excited.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love wool, for obvious reasons. Also love anything Rowan. In the cheaper yarn selection, I like Lion WoolEase, LionCotton and MicroSpun HATE Lion Brand Homespun. IT splits and fuzzes. Don’t like novelty yarn either.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have several things. Two knitting needle cases, one crochet hook case, the sleeves they came in and a small box for the rest of my crochet hook collection.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I have been knitting for about three years. I would say I am an intermediate knitter and beginner on crochet.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
no

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Orange and herb-type fragrances.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Not really. I do love Orbit gum!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

Knitting and crochet are all I have time for on the crafty side. I do not spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Contemporary Christian, Jazz, Big Band. No MP3’s.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color
family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I like reds, pinks, blues, greens and browns. DISLIKE YELLOWS and most oranges.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I am married (recently celebrated one year anniversary). One dog, Brittany Spaniel. Zero children.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Definitely wear scarves and hats, as I live in an area that is REALLY cold in winter months. No ponchos. I have a million scarves.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I enjoy most things. No real favorite as of now. Everything has it’s merits. I have not ventured into lace, don’t think I will.

13. What are you knitting right now?

A baby blanket for a friend, socks, and a summer tank. I am also working on some crocheted squares to sew into a throw.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Sure.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Addi Turbo, all the way. Circs normally, b/c they are multi-purpose.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

No, I covet both.

17. How did you learn to knit?

Mostly self-taught the basics with help along the way from my mom and several ladies at my church knitting group.
Stitch N’ Bitch has also helped me refine some techniques.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?

Oh, two years.

19. What is your favorite holiday?

Well, Christmas of course. But more for the significance and the cheerful memories made than the gifts.

20. Is there anything that you collect?

Yarn, knitting books and such.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I would love to try Socks That Rock sock yarn and Euroflax linen (this idea came from Mason Dixon Knitting). Actually, I would love to try any nice yarn!

I just bought two books I was dying for, One Skein and Mason-Dixon, but I would like to get “Socks Soar on two Crics” just to try the technique. This would also mean investing in two pair of Addi Turbo circs in #3 (It’s my fav sock needle size).

I don't currently subscribe to any magazine that's knitting related, but Interweave Knits/Crochet look great.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Socks on 2 circs.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes. My memory fails on my measurements.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

July 7! Soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home