Monday, January 29, 2007

New and ambitious projects

I finished my first ever sock and have cast on for its mate! I'll post photos of the pair.

This weekend, however, i finally found a perfect pattern in the Winter Interweave Knits for some Mission Falls wool I've had since July. I'm going to knit this:



AND, I had a gift certificate to Yarn Paradise in Biltmore and I found the perfect cropped cardigan for Spring. I'll knit this in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky. The color is going to be a pale blue. CAN'T WAIT to start these!



I also scored some Koigu in a beautiful colorway for socks, and ordered some more Lorna's Laces. I'm thinking that socks will become my year-round little project because they are so darn fun and portable. Now I need to get more KnitPicks circs so I can work on more than one at a time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Jill - no new packages arrived for you yet? I sent one out a WHILE ago and have been waiting for news of it!! Please don't tell me the post office has messed up again! I'm about to be a UPS girl 100% :O(

I love socks, too, and it's good to hear that SSS is eluding you! Koigu is just a dream to knit with also!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Tandi said...

I love that cropped cardigan! That is such a cool pattern. And KOIGU? I can't even find any around here. I got to touch some in Dallas but they only had a model sock, none for sale...

9:05 PM  
Blogger allie said...

I love that blazer, it is on my "To Knit" list... sometime in the next 5 years. :) Good luck, ambition is the key to knitting!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home